- Driving Tunes: Reggae on the radio, "Nights with Alice Cooper"
- Books: Sophie's World -Jostein Gaardner, The Ultimate Kauai Guidebook -Andrew Doughty
- Wildlife: Sea Turtles, Monk Seal, Tropical Fish, and about a million roosters
- Food: Kalua Pork, Ahi Poke, Shave Ice, Chicken-in-a-Barrel, Pineapple-Passionfruit Smoothie, and Raw Coconut (it was the Coconut Coast, after all)
- Sights that didn't quite make the blog: Kayaking through Kool-Aid blue water, Hiking the powerline trail, picture-perfect Donkey Beach, the hand-cut stone temple of the Hindu monastery, sunset over Hanalei Bay, the Kalaulau Cathedral,
- If I'd had unlimited time: Hiking the entire Kalaulau trail (complete with debauchery at the end),
- Friends: Manalani and Kim, the Andersons, Christensens, and Wellers
14 May 2012
Road Trip Week 0: The Garden Island
I liked how the weekly summary turned out enough that I decided to retroactively create one for my week in Kauai.