- The Giants have won more games than any other professional sports franchise (10,000+).
- My first favorite player was Will "The Thrill" Clark. Other all-time favorites include Matty Williams, Woody Reuter, Andres the Giant, and Dave Dravecky (I think I cried when his arm was amputated after his bout with cancer).
- The Giants were originally known as the New York Gothams, but their name changed "after one particularly satisfying victory over the Philadelphia Phillies, [the team's manager] stormed into the dressing room and exclaimed, 'My big fellows! My giants!'" (Wikipedia)
- The NFL's New York Giants are named after the baseball team, who subsequently relocated to San Fran. For a short time, both teams played at the Polo Grounds.
- There are more Giants in the baseball Hall of Fame than any other franchise.
Hummm baby!! Fear the beard!
**Update: One more fact to add to the list. The Giants have been to and lost three World Series since moving out West--in '69, '89, and '02. My dad has attended games in all three Series, including 1962's devastating Game 7 loss on McCovey's liner. Yes, there is a lot of pent-up baseball angst in my family...