27 January 2011

Adios Eightfive

I've been putting this off, because I wasn't sure I could deal with the grief: Chad Ochocinco is changing his name back to Chad Johnson.  It's really too bad.  Just last week I was driving down the freeway and I couldn't help laughing out loud as I thought of how hilariously ridiculous it was that an NFL player decided to change his name to the incorrect Spanish translation of his number.  And everybody went along with it.  Never mind the grill, the touchdown celebrations, the reality show... the man changed his name to OCHOCINCO!

I hope he decides against going back to Johnson and decides to branch out into other languages: there have been rumors of HachiGo (Japanese).  I recommend AtteFem (Norwegian).  Rob favors WaloLima (Tagalog).  Regardless, sports may have just lost its greatest last name.

(P.S. I had a high school friend whose older brother Ben legally changed his name to Obi Wan Kenobi to win a radio contest.)  

No comments: